This is an updated gift list as of February 24th, 2022.
I love handmade things, and I love fun surprises! I would love it if you made something just for me!
Here are some ideas:
- Decorate boxes around the size of a shoebox. Could be a great craft activity for kids.
- Music, stories, or poetry you wrote.
- Sculptures or artwork made by you or the kids
- Textiles, knitstuff, sweaters, etc that you made
- Flower stickers or other pretty stickers to seal envelops with
- Stickers from Bees Knees Industries
- Paint from Beam Paints
- Huang Fei Hong Spicy Peanuts
- Hot sauce from Soothsayer Hot Sauce. I prefer red sauces to green or yellow ones.
- Mrs. Renfro's Salsa, especially the Ghost Pepper or Habanero ones
- Dried Chile Salsa from American Spoon
- Truffle Salt, dried chili, or other intriguing spices and seasonings
- Tanka Bars, especially in any of the chili flavors
- Nutty & Fruity snacks - e.g. mandarin, lime, hibiscus
- Whole chilies from Curio spices - e.g. tobasco, habanero, etc.
- Candles from Moonstone Chandlery. Fun fact, Maureen and I share the same birthday!
- Blood Orange or other citrus candles from Black Luxe Candle Co
- Fraser Fir candles or difusers from Edgewater Candles
- A little lidded box for lint
- A cute countertop container for coffee
- Hiakai by Monique Fiso
- Gjelina by Travis Lett
- Nuku by Qiane Matata-Sipu
- Basic sort of stretchy gloves, like you might find at the dollar store.
- Hardbottomed wool slippers, or just ridiculous slippers because that's fun too.
- Harvest and Mill ankle socks in small
- wool socks, maybe from Smart wool?
- A Baron Fig Venture Slimline backpack ... or two!
- Accessories or jewellery from KFleye
- Jewellery, especially rings, from Fanta Celah
- Accessories, earrings, or
- Hats or anything from Flood Clothing
- Masks from Current Location Press or By Raquel Olivio
- kite, (this artwork is not yet titled) by Andrew Shoemaker. He will probably know what I'm talking about if you ask and say you know me.
- A Margins Imprints moon phase or star chart print. I especially like the cobalt blue ones
- A giant pot (for a giant plant) from Carnevale Clay or, really, anything she makes! Her big pots can also be purchased at Cultivate in Evanston.
- Mugs or things from Ralph Nuara or Michael Imes
- More lizards, ideally ceramic
- Anything from Sunhouse Craft
- The Sun Runner from SRM Prints
- The Gold-on-Black Wheat Runner from Follysome Prints
- Anything from Andria Green or SRM Prints
- Anything from Root River Baskets
- A Constellation Quilt from Haptic Labs. They also have a DIY kit of you have ambition to make it (I don't).
- Pauline Boss's Class (I already have the book)
- Beginning Dakota Language Course at University of Minnesota, which I believe can be taken online. I already have the book Beginning Dakota -Tokaheya Dakota Iyapi Kin
If you are interested in financially donating in my name, I would be honored by gifts to the following three organizations: